The International Association for Natural Gas Vehicles (IANGV) was established in 1986 to provide the NGV industry with an international forum and to foster growth, safety, product development and policy formation.
In June 2010, the IANGV adopted the Trading Name of NGV Global, to differentiate it from the many international NGV associations that have flourished in recent years, and to more appropriately represent its global mission and objectives.
Including our affiliated associations, we currently represent the interests of almost 300 members throughout the world.
Since our establishment, we have seen worldwide NGV numbers grow from almost none to more than 15 million vehicles. Over the next 8 years, we are projecting continued growth, towards a target of 65 million NGVs on the road globally by 2020.
Primary activities of the association include:
* Government lobbying and policy assistance
* Providing industry information to members and stakeholders
* Standards development and dissemination
* Standards harmonization
* Organizing industry conferences, including our own conference held every two years
* Collecting relevant statistical data
* Facilitating technical information exchange
* Marketing and industry awareness activities
NGV Global is a non-profit organization, with a Board of Directors which is elected every two years, and a Secretariat, based in New Zealand, responsible for day-to-day management of the affairs of the association.
Membership is open to all stakeholders and interested parties. Please see our membership page or email us with your membership inquiries.